Pavera makeup is one amazing brand which lots of you may not have heard of. It has recently opened in Bahrain (seef mall) and I really suggest you try their products if u haven’t!
Their products are highly pigmented & very rich in color! I am in love with their pigments (will do another review soon)-
I absolutely loved their blushers too. So i got this really great palette where they fill it in for you with your chosen colors.
The sizes of the blushers are reasonable not too small and not as huge as kryolan
Below is a hand swatch of those blushes/highlighters- see how highly pigmented they are. FYI- these are only with one application ( i have not applied more than one coat)
We are always – constantly – in the search for the best gel eyeliner- in terms of which one has the highest staying power and which one is super black and which one is super creamy!
Well, i’m making life much easier for u girls- see below for my little test (and below you will find out who wins!)
So I have the following eyeliners (the most common ones you hear about)
Bobbi Brown (Black ink)
Maybelline (eye studio gel in Black)
Makeup for Ever (#27)
Below is also a picture of them being swatched on paper – I wanted to see which one will actually look dry…
And you will realize MAC and Bobbi brown are the driest… They are very creamy when you first open them, but over a few weeks they just die out.
Next is a hand swatch to see which is the most creamiest and darkest
You will realize that both MAC & Bobbi brown are not the darkest (other than being dry)… You will realize that Mayeblline, Inglot and Makeupforever are among the darkest ! Those 3 were also the creamiest! Makeup forever and Inglot were super super super creamy, so was maybelline but slightly less.
The last test below was to test which one stays the longest and is actually smudge proof! To test that, i decided to remove them from my hand using a makeup remover and guess what ….
Bobbi brown & MAC were the first to get removed…. Followed by makeup forever (which they claim to be waterproof)- I realized if u kept MUFE an hour or so It would be very hard to remove as I tested that before on my eyes. Maybelline stayed…. and shockingly INGLOT remained the same- BULLET PROOF!
I would definetly stick to those 3 (INGLOT, maybelline & MUFE). Inglot if you want it to stay smudge free and super dark, maybeline and MUFE if you want something creamy yet still dark… MAC and bobbie- doesn’t reach to the other’s standards!
See below for the steps on how to create this eye look. Sorry the image is not super clear
I used the following products shown below
- After priming the eye area, I used Sleep palette eyeshadows (unfortunately i don’t know the names of what I used)
- Topped it off with Illamasqua’s “ore” pigment
- Defined the outer corner into the crease with a darker color from the sleep palette (dark brown)
- Maybelline gel liner
- smoky lash mascara from makeupforever
- chanel nude eyeliner “clair” on waterline
- Ardell lashes “demi pixi”
See Below on how to create this natural eye look:
- Primed eyes with Urban Decay’s primer potion
- Used the NAKED 1 palette from Urban Decay. Shade “naked” on crease and blending upwards
- “buck” in outer corner & crease and also blend upwards.
- “darkhorse” in outer corner and crease then blend
- “virgin” blended on brow bone to highlight
- “buck & darkhorse” smudged gently under lash line
- Maybelline gel liner to line my eyes with a small flick
- Applied Ardell lashes “101″
- Mascara top & bottom (forgot which one)
- MAC smoulder black pencil inside waterline
- MUFE (makeupforever) creamy eyebrow corrector #30 on brows
- Contact lenses are from “fresh look” they are grey by the way!
See below on how to create this eye look:
- Primed eye with Urban Decay’s eye shadow primer potion
- MAC eyeshadow “wedge” on full lid
- MAC eyeshadow “nylon” on brow bone & then i blended it to look natural
- Applied “espresso” on my lower lash line with a MAC 239 flat shader brush
- Used “noir” the black color from one of the sleep palettes i have in the crease
- applied Makeupforever’s smoky lash mascara top & bottom lashes
- Eyelure lashes “sarah” from the girl’s aloud collection
- Chanel “clair” nude pencl inside bottom waterline
- maybelline gel liner top lid
- Sleep makeup glittter liner in start of inner corner
- contact lenses are from “freshlook” in the shade “brown”
See details below on which products I used to do this eyelet
I used the ” SMOKED” palette from Urban Decay to do this eyelook. If you want to read more about the Smoked palette, SEE HERE.
- Primed the eye with Urban Decay’s Eye primer potion
- applied “freestyle” from smoked palette on full lid
- “kinky” on brow bone
- “blackout” on outer corner and blended it out with “backdoor”
- “mushroom” on centre of lid
- maybelline gel liner
- applied ardell lashes “demi lovies”
- smudged “backdoor & blackout” underneath lashline
- used illamasqua mascara “RAVEN” top and bottom lashes
- Urban decay’s 24/7 eye pencil “perversion” inside waterlines.
- Makeupforever’s creamy eyebrow corrector# 30 to fill in my brows
I absolutely love a super black liner – but even the darkest ones tend to go lighter over time….
I have an amazing product from ILLAMASQUA which makes that super intense black liner!
I use 2 products from ILLAMASQUA and mix them together!
I use the following:
An illamasqua slanted angled brush (u can use any – from any brand)
Illamasqua’s black eyeshadow OBSIDIAN
And Illamasqua’s sealing gel
This sealing gel is amazing! It’s basically a tiny bottle with a formula- that changes powders to liquids.
One drop of this product turns any powder into a colour-intense, water-resistant PASTE that dries quickly and lasts for hours. It creates a waterproof finishing and gives off maximum pigmentation!
You can use it with any pigment or eyeshadow and it will turn it to creamy- similar to inglot’s Duraline.
Below are the steps of what I do to create a really dark liner
Make sure to apply instantly as the product dries of very quickly! I do apply this past on to my eye 2-3 times to get a dark intense color!
Below are some pictures of the mixed product on my hand- and with a comparison to normal gel liners.
It might be a bit hard for you to draw it instantly with this paste, so I suggest drawing it first with a gel liner then tracing over with this paste !
You can find this product in www.illamasqua.com or in middleast (UAE & KUWAIT)
So I have Finally Made a new video!
This time it is a smoky eye using the black tango palette – from Makeup4ever
To see the video click this link or watch the video below
This beautiful collection from Chanel “Summertime De Chanel” screams summer. It includes a mixture of sophisticated nude & coral lips, a mix of muted browns and a focus on glowing bronzed skin!
Chanel- always keeping it classy- opt for pretty simple and subtle shades instead of extra bright hues for the summer.
As Chanel describes it, “Sun-kissed cheeks, magnetic eyes, and radiant beauty”.
The Crayon Khol from this collection is a really unique one!
Unlike the classic crayon khol’s from the permenant collection- Noir, Blanc & Clair- this one is totally different.
It’s “Peche Cuivre” #75 eye pencil ..
It is a tanned/bronzy eye pencil! It seems to be peach but when used it shows goldish/bronzish hues. It captures the exact color of bronze mixed with copper.
So you apply it inside the eyelid rim- and it instantly adds sparkle to your eyes and also makes your eyes look bigger- since it’s a light color. My suggestion is to layer it more than once to really show the color (you really need to apply a lot to see that golden sheen). The formula is smooth and glides easily. You can always use it on the outer part of your upper lid- instead of the black winged eyeliner- will look gorgeous for summer!
This eyepencil can be used all year and not just in summer.
If you ever tried the pigment “TAN” from MAC- you will notice that it is quite the same color!
I’m a huge huge huge fan of Chanel pencil liners- I consider their crayon khols the holy grail of all pencil liners.
Long lasting + fantastic quality + intense color – In all their shades!
The beautiful eye pencil compliments your bronzed cheeks! Yes, it is limited edition…
Sadly… so get your hands on it now before it disappears.
See my swatches below
This beautiful pencil liner retails at a price of 11.5 BD
Summertime De Chanel Full collection is available in Bahrain.
You can get yours at:
So I decided to teach you the steps of this quick eye look I did yesterday- instead of just posting a pic on twitter
It’s not that hard- needs a bit of blending though!
I used MAC eyeshadows only! And I didn’t use false lashes this time.
HOW TO GET THE LOOK
1. Applied urban decay’s eye primer potion on full lid (to help anti-creasing & to hold eyeshadow for hours)
2. With 217 Mac Brush (Sigma E25), applied “ricepaper” MAC eyeshadow on lid up to the crease.
3. Again with the same brush, topped ricepaper with “Tete a Tint” MAC eyeshadow on top to have a mixture of some peachy skintone shade.
4. Applied a thin line of gel liner (bobbi brown’s ink black) with Sigma E10 brush (without winging it like a cat eye)- kept it short .
5. With a MAC 263 Brush (Sigma E65), applied “carbon” MAC eyeshadow on the outer corners (we call it a V or a ” of the eye.
6. Blend the carbon with a 217 MAC brush or a (sigma E25) to form a blended V.
7. keep on blening until it is connected to the black gel liner applied
8. make sure no harsh line are shown
9. Add some “embark” MAC eyeshadow between the outer V and the mid lid- and also blend som under the brow bone (NOT on the brow bone)
10. Apply “nylon” MAC eyeshadow on your brow bone and blend with a MAC 224 brush
11. apply mascara + inner black eye pencil
This is what you have all been waiting for… to see videos of me teaching you!
Well… here it is!!
The video shows you all the things you need… & how to prep the eye till applying mascara..
Just remember.. the key to all this is blending.. blending.. and blending..
You’ll realize i repeat things to build up the color then soften them up!
Hope it really helps.. the editing part took ages… killed my back & strained my neck
Check out my video below!!
Also, subscribe to my youtube channel, look for — TheMakeupManual
A special eye pigment called “tan”- from MAC, is a new favorite of mine. It’s one of those products that are constantly out of stock… lucky me- I found one!
You would always assume that this little bottle is just messy & why would you apply powder shimmer on your eyelids if you have eye shadow? Right?
Well, pigments are totally different from eyeshadow!! They are powdered and they should be pressed on the skin unlike eyeshadow where you can brush/swipe etc. What I love about this little jar is that it lasts forever- believe me.. It won’t finish! Effects from pigments are very different from the effect of an eyeshadow. Pigments are ofcourse more pigmented- stays put more & tend to have a more shimmery/shiny glow with them (most of them).
The color: this color is gorgeous! It’s a muted pinky brownish bronze- not just bronze! It’s a warm color, with red undertones. It has some shimmers, more metallic looking (which is so in now –trend)!! It can also be described as a golden bronze color.
Where to use it: I would use it with my MAC 239 brush, and softly apply some, tap the brush (to remove any excess powder) then press (I MEAN PRESS NOT BRUSH) on your lids. Press it up to the crease, then apply any dark brown color in the crease to blend. You can also use it on the lid on its own. The color is just amazing- metallic bronze. You can also use a hint of it for the cheekbones for a shine/glow, or in tear duct.
You will love this product especially if you are olive skinned!! Dark/tanned skin goes beautifully with bronzed eyeshadow- and believe me this is quick to apply- simple & natural. Also, if you have hazel or green eyes, it will definitely make your eyes stand out!
I have always wanted a Nude eyeliner- I just never knew which one to go for. I came across Chanel’s kohl & I am in lovvvvve with it.
I love their “Blanc” eyeliner – the white kohl “which makes my eyes look wider (looks pretty if topped off with bottom mascara). But sometimes I do feel that it is too white, & not many people can pull that look off. If the white eyeliner DOES NOT SUIT YOU, get the nude one!
Sometimes you get bored of the black eyeliner –as it makes your eyes look smaller- or too dramatic. I wanted a color to look very natural, yet making my eye look slightly wider- hence- THE NUDE EYELINER! Lighter colors tend to brighten the eyes!
This Chanel eyeliner in “Clair”-Beige/nude is from the FALL 2010 line.
No shimmer= FABULOUS. FLESH TONE!
I love how it brightens your eye without making it look obvious.
Well, I’ve MAC’s nude eyeliner – and nope- it don’t suit me! I tried “Chromagraphic” pencil in NW15/NW20- slightly peachy which looks un-natural.
Chanel is the best. It is more natural.
When u apply it on your water line, make sure you go over your line a few times in order to get the color right. If you have watery eyes, I don’t recommend it (won’t last long).
Both pencils from Chanel “Clain” & “Blanc” make your eyes wider. One is beige while the other is white. See the difference. If white doesn’t suit you, get the beige!