#2 Makeup Mistake: Choosing the wrong foundation TYPE
So, not only your colour should be right (previous post), but the type you choose must suit your skin tone. If the foundation is too thick: Your skin might break out! If the foundation’s too light: there’s no use!
Let’s categorize your skin type, with the suitable types of foundation:
- You need moisturizing foundation (creates a light base)
- Liquid foundation is the answer ( has extra moisture)
- Tinted moisturizer is an option
- Matte foundation.
- You need moisturizing foundation
- It must be OIL- FREE
- Can be liquid/creamy/powdery
- You need a “ MATTE” Foundation
- Must be OIL-FREE- to reduce the “shine”
- Preferably liquid that dries into powder, but texture is thicker than moisturizing foundation
- CAN use powdery foundation, to absorb oil.
- Foundation – ( WITH NO PERFUME)
- Mineral makeup is the solution
ACNE PRONE SKIN: Choose a medicinal or Oil- free foundation, or Matte foundation. Don’t use heavy type, as it might aggravate your skin.
OLDER SKIN/PROBLEM SKIN : good to use creamy foundation for full coverage